<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, August 27, 2005

What a Day(s)/Daze 

After a nice last day of band camping and Barbe-que-ing I went with Aaron and Lena to Cory's block party. (Not bloc party - it's not the 80's, umkay?) So that was grand fun.

Wilst there I got the chance to scope out M13 and M57 as well as send 60,000 volts through my fingertip. Videos to follow. After all that jazz and Cory's mom giving him a hard time I tried (unsuccessfully) to get some sleep-time down in the Jensen basement. [Happy Birthday, by the way, Mr. SuperCory.] Then it was off to ride scooters and climb some mountain.

I had never hiked the back of Mt. Timpanogos before and it was quite the experience. There were tons of people getting in one last hike before school started. The 1/2-moon provided enough light that we didn't even need our flashlights most of the time. There were so many people hiking that you could clearly see where the trail went by all the twinkling flashlights of hikers who were already partway up the mountain. It looked like someone left a string of Christmas lights draped crazily all over the mountain. Very cool stuff. Sadly, due to a lack of sufficient traction on the soles of our shoes and more snow this past year than there usually is, the second glacier we encountered persuaded us to turn back before we reached the peak. That was ok since I hadn't been able to get a good few hours of nap before the hike and since I had to get back to WSU for today's fun of Lab Aide retreat/training. We started a bit later than planned as well (ca. 2:30 AM instead of 1:30). It was definitely one of the coolest hikes I've been on ever ever. There were thrills, spills and chills. And quills. Yeah. Alyssa's brother tapped a porcupine with his shoe and came away with a souvenir spike in his sole. No, he didn't harm the critter - just a tap to get the barbed pin. I'll post pictures on my photoblog when I'm good and ready.

The training was great. I almost fell asleep most of the time, but there was still some great information. The guest speaker was excellent, informative, and hilarious. And it turns out I've been assigned to train one of the new lab aides this semester. Joy.

And speaking of work, next week should be fun trying to help out professors who waited till the last minute to do work on their online courses or who are experiencing or will experience woes of various kinds when Banner, the Student Portal, and Vista all get thrown in a burlap sack and shaken up real good for Monday.

I've also offered my services as a sort of internship to the web design venture being made by a couple of my co-workers. I'm way excited to see how the next generation of Macromedia Flash will affect the Web. Here's to SVG and CSS.

Okay, so now I have to go get some sleep before I die a lot. Long day. Tired me.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?