<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, September 11, 2004

Something something something 

movie of the while: Mulan

song of the day: Jupiter, Bringer of Jollity by Gustav Holst

Rootism of the week: Now there's an instrument I like; you could hit someone over the head with that.

Quite the eventful days. After working at the stick till midnight on Thursday I went home and slept till 8 or so yesterday. Sleeping in is great. After that I went and had a mustard burgers for lunch and then marched around on the practice field for a couple of hours. After, when I attempted to buy my CS3100 textbook I was dismayed to find out that they only sell it at the bookstore on the SLCC campus which is far and away. Oh well. So much for homework.

Then it was off to an elementary school carnival to help out with running games. Watching kids play is about the ultimate in cheap entertainment. Water balloons and squirt guns can provide literally hours of fun. Pizza and shakes and movie and jam session till late was great fun also. Coming home, when I turned onto 1700 I thought, "Hmm. It's awfully dark here." Which is when it dawned on me that it was dark because all the lights were off. Apparently someone ran into something with their car and cut off power from last night about 5 minutes before I got home till after I left for rehearsal this morning. Which meant I had to rely on battery powered alarm clocks to get me up on time. Fortunately that strategy worked better today than it did in Paris.

After practice Cory and Billy and I went shopping for music and sticks and parts for Cory's new drumset. Then I headed for Salt Lake for a family reunion and to see if I could locate the SLCC bookstore (it was closed), and fixed a couple rockchips on the way back. And now I'm going to go to my stake YSA activity. Yeehaw! Western fun. From the hayride I saw yesterday I'm wondering if I'll end up haysick (like seasick, not hayfever). I always like Dutch oven cooking, so that's good too. And, as always, I look forward to more of life. Fortunately I wasn't so tired driving today that the adventure ended prematurely.

Ok, so that's my story, and I'm sticking to it. Like... um... a sticker. Stickers are fun. I discovered that a sticker's coolness depends on where you put it. Even a lame sticker if put in the proper place can be cool. Like stickers from different locations can look cool. I still haven't decided where to put my Praha sticker yet. I should've gotten Hof and Paris stickers too. Maybe I will, later.

And speaking of later:

Laters

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?