<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, September 06, 2004

Journey's End 

My alternating Oddity is finally over. That is to say, there is now a new alternator in my automobile. And by new I mean old, yet more functional than the one that is no longer there. After the car wouldn't start at my grandma's house it was put on a charger for a while and seemed to run fine. Except that it wouldn't start at Checker's after they tested the battery (they said it had a bad cell, so I got a new battery). After that it lasted until Thursday night after work (Friday morning). I thought it was a bit odd that the windshield wipers would run so slowly. Then, when I noticed that the headlights and dash lights were growing dim as I neared the top of a hill I switched on the brights to see if they worked even, but that just killed the motor. So after coasting to the bottom of the hill I left it by the side of the road and walked the rest of the way home. Fortunately it was only a couple of miles. The wind was blowing and it rained just a bit, but it wasn't unpleasant.

After picking pears from the tree and plums from the ground I read The Hobbit aloud til I nearly lost my voice. I worked some more on a set of three shows for a CD similar to the first version of the Taiwan CD. I think Rod Rippon will definitely get his own personalized version of the CD with an extra picture and different commentary on it, thanks to Jason and his mom. :)

oh so very song of the day: Nessun Dorma from Turandot

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?