<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, September 09, 2004

Back in spite of popular demand 

Don't you love The Movie Show on KSL?

song of the day: Bangs by They Might Be Giants

That's what I like about this band - they sing about things you wouldn't expect. This is their new take on an old theme.
exerpt:

Bangs
Above your eyes your hair hangs
Blow my mind your royal flyness I dig your bangs
Bangs
To drape across your forehead
To swing concordant angles as you incline your head
Once with a girl I fell in love sometime ago now she had...
Bangs
Are that on which the world hangs
I'm only holding your hand so I can look at your bangs
Bangs
Are like a pocket T-shirt
As casual as that while fully intentional
And in case you think I'm here cause I like making chit chat
Just remember what I said the money's under your hat
And although I like you anyway, check out your haircut
A proscenium to stage a face that needs no makeup
Bangs
Are that on which the world hangs
I'm only holding your hand so I can look at your bangs

Yes, that's right. Dial-a-Song and Olorino's yesterday with Ben, Jarrett, and Jessie. That's how I got the song stuck in my head, anyhow. My group for CS3350 is done for the day and with this extra time I might be doing homework. Unfortunately for me, when I sent a memory access request to my hippocampus to determine what homework I should be working on (my mental notes subroutine keeps blaring out that there is something that needs doing for school) I get a General Rejection Error. My brain won't tell me what I have due or when until it's the night before. Which means I'll have to resort to a hardware solution: writing my homework in a planner.

Aaaand the internet just went down. Guess I'll save this in Notepad and post it later.

Later.
---
foreign word of the day: at glæde sig (it's a reflexive, which is why the "word" is 3 words)

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?