<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, August 21, 2004

Lorem Ipsum 

quote of the day:

"But I must explain to you how all this mistaken idea of denouncing pleasure and praising pain was born and I will give you a complete account of the system, and expound the actual teachings of the great explorer of the truth, the master-builder of human happiness. No one rejects, dislikes, or avoids pleasure itself, because it is pleasure, but because those who do not know how to pursue pleasure rationally encounter consequences that are extremely painful. Nor again is there anyone who loves or pursues or desires to obtain pain of itself, because it is pain, but because occasionally circumstances occur in which toil and pain can procure him some great pleasure. To take a trivial example, which of us ever undertakes laborious physical exercise, except to obtain some advantage from it? But who has any right to find fault with a man who chooses to enjoy a pleasure that has no annoying consequences, or one who avoids a pain that produces no resultant pleasure?"
-Cicero

Fun stuff.

I had quite forgotten how good fresh blackberries are. A handful of those made up part of my breakfast today. Also today, I went and helped out with the Utah Old Time Fiddlers' State Contest. Hellen Watts, who went with on the trip to Hof, was there doing announcing and such. We both coincidentally happened to be wearing Paris gear. Band camp next week. I'm excited to see how this year will turn out. Daigo said there were about 90 people going to be in the group, which would be nice. It would also be nice if our tenors had showed up for Thursday's practice. Oh, well. Summer is difficult to arrange schedules in. When school's routine picks up it shouldn't be a problem. I was thinking of changing the title of my blog, but then it wouldn't match the URL, and it also wouldn't reflect when my blog began.

Well, time to write some more of my Hof trip post before too much of it leaks out of my head. My brain is like a seive, and memories like liquid gold. I must hurry to avoid losing too much of the precious stuff. That's always a problem with writing one's life - if you don't take time to do it, you lose it and then regrettably cannot regain it easily. Here's to Blogger making writing easy.

link of the day: Jysk Ordbog

ord of the day: at glæde sig

Peace

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?