<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, August 21, 2004

Last night in the nursery. I mean front room. 

After tonight I'll get to sleep in my own bed. Yay. Looking forward to school. I stopped by the Kosters this evening to visit and they offered to let me stay for dinner. I showed them some pictures from the trip and showed them how to work the Taiwan CD. They said I should go into multimedia. That's what my mom said too. Maybe I'll enjoy Dave's web class this fall. I'm not sure if we'll be doing java or what, but the web is certainly full of multimedia.

Trivia time: When Count Rugen hits Westly over the head, Elwes told Guest to go ahead and hit him for real. Guest hit him hard enough to shut down production for a day while Elwes went to the hospital. - IMDB on The Princess Bride

After visiting the Kosters I went to our ward party at a park across from the IRS encampment. My bishop (who is a direct descendent of the real Captain Jack Sparrow) was there and told us some funny stories. My favorite was about the MIT grads who bled $5 million out of Vegas every weekend for years and years on the blackjack tables. They used a very clever card-counting scheme. I always liked stories about college kids that would do things that made the rest of the professional world do a double-take. Like the engineering students that hung a VW Beetle from under the Golden Gate bridge one night and it took the authorities shutting down the bridge and hours and hours to get the thing down, where the people who did it only took a few minutes to put it there. Or the Kitty Hawk replica in I can't remember what odd location. Oh, yeah - here it is.

Now it is time to put head on pillow and keep it there for some time.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?