<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, February 12, 2004

La de da. Today's Sesame Blog was brought to you by the number 3, and by the letter L.
I'm all dressed up and no place to go.... I mean I'm going to the career fair after I finish my resume.

tune stuck into my head of the day: Voice Male, by Voice Male

events for today: resume, career fair, $2 lunch (spaghetti), percussion ensemble, practicing the marimba quartet (what a monster), writing the feature for the drumline, doing my calculus lab, maybe getting a haircut, mailing the drumline entry for the Davis competition, and some other stuff

I overslept and still didn't get enough sleep last night. Riding the bus home on wednesdays isn't half bad (and with the EdPass, it's free which isn't even 1/4 bad). Dustin's having a kid. He and Vannessa are perfect for each other. I hope I end up as well off as he is. And speaking of kids, my nephew is starting to walk. It only remains to be seen what kind of a little loveable terror he'll become. Right now he loves to crumple papers because they make a cool sound, and he loves to shake things. When he gets in range of everything not nailed down that's less than 2-3 feet off the ground, things will get interesting.

I decided that I really like laser tag. When my YSA group goes next week I'm thinking I'll be getting a membership there. I haven't decided if my handle will be olorin, or mithrandir, or jango, or something else. Maybe inspiration will strike between now and then. If it does, hopefully it won't leave a gaping hole in my head like last time it struc.... no, wait... that was an I-beam. The inspiration didn't leave a scratch last time it struck. Ok, so I hope, then, that no more I-beams strike me, but that inspiration does.

We got our itinerery for the Reno trip yesterday in wind ensemble. Yippee! Two nights ago I was thinking to myself that it would be cool if it was at least a 4-day trip, and it turns out it is exactly 4 days/3 nights. Prefect. I mean, perfect. Yeah, I still think Year 4 is the best so far, and after that Year 1, 3, and 2, in that order, although 1, 2, and 3 are all pretty close. It's like comparing apples and oranges though, since they're all different and they're all good for different reasons. Year 5 I only read once, and I didn't like it as much as the others. Perhaps it was a case of a good book read with too high of expectations, but I thought it just went on and on without doing very much. Except for the end part, not much happened that was interesting or meaningful. Those are the breaks.

Well, now that I've used a good deal of my available resume-fixing-up time, I'll end this nonsense.
That is, after one little mention of how annoying it is that the limits of integration can change when a substitution is made. (It didn't have to be this hard, did it?)

photo of the day:


This is my friend from drumline a couple years back who is now in Iraq making it so that I can live in a free country. Props to the troops.
He sent this to me with the explanation that part of their rations resemble elven waybread.

Peace

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?