<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, October 22, 2003

ok... check this out: copyrighting technologies

This really burns me up. I also heard that people were trying to copyright functionality like having the main menu-type button for an OS in the lower left corner of the screen. Well, pardon my caps, but YOU CAN'T COPYRIGHT FUNCTIONALITY!!!! ONLY IMPLEMENTATION!!!! That's like Ford trying to copyright the concept of the automobile rather than specific designs. I know there's got to be a line drawn between what can and can't be copyrighted, but if this is the case, I'll just copyright the little 'c' in a circle symbol that stands for copyright and then if anyone wants to copyright anything they'll have to pay royalties to me for telling everybody else that "their" idea is copyrighted [idea for copyrighting the copyright symbol (c)2003 Jon Anderson. All (and I mean ALL) rights reserved, so pay up.]

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?